Why are you proud to be a woman today?
Over the past 6 months, it’s felt like GAME ON! We are living in an age where the sky is truly the limit. We can accomplish every goal. Women are supporting one another. I not only look to my peers, but younger generations to feel inspired and motivated. And now we finally feel empowered as women, both because of the moment and for ourselves. I’m proud to be a woman because of my connection to myself—and I’m proud of the choices I make. I do my best and try my hardest, and I never look back. And I encourage all women to be the same—give it your all and be proud of what you accomplish!
You’re raising a future female leader. What advice do you have for her?
There’s so much I want to tell you. From all of my experiences, I have a lot that I want to share with you to help you become the best version of yourself that I know you can be.
- The world is your oyster, always work as hard as you can.
- Everything is at your grasp, so try and do everything you want!
- Don’t be afraid to fail—be a go-getter and don’t worry about what other people think.
- Be passionate and love what you do.
- You’ll thank me for this one later on; get up early! When everyone else is relaxing and taking time off, be the one that’s putting in the extra If you work hard, the sky is the limit.
- Most importantly, don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t do something—because you can BE anything and everything.
- You are a powerful soul
Also, always listen to your wise mother.
I also love a poem by Nayyirah Waheed: “Be more than just your beautiful face. I will tell you about your worth, not beauty, raising you on beauty alone, you will be weak.”
What advice do you have for your younger self?
You only have one life to live, so do everything and don’t waste time. When you think you’ve tried as hard as you can, try harder. Know when to ask for help and be curious—and, above all, don’t be afraid.
Connect with Ginger on Instagram.
Chief Performance Officer Ginger Ressler is our performance technology expert, workout guide and go-to for all the latest advancements in fitness. As an accomplished Division 1 track athlete, fitness model and busy mom of four, Ginger is #GOALS in one word. Her passion for helping women reach their full potential keeps her closely connected with the Fabletics community, where she shares daily inspiration and major motivation. Using her unique expertise, Ginger also enhances the performance potential of pretty much everything, from the way a new fabric feels after a long run to how busy women can fit a workout into their limited free time. Ginger shows us we’re capable of incredible things—sometimes we just need to put our mind (and body) to it.