While summer may be officially over, we’re still craving some cool, healthy salads to get us through the lingering warm days. And it seems this summer we just couldn’t get enough of quinoa salads! Always filling, delicious, and packed with proteins, Quinoa is our favorite super food at the moment. Here’s an easy recipe for a Quinoa and Chickpea salad…
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 10 ounces grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 cups loosely packed flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped (about 1 cup chopped)
- Combine quinoa and water in a small pot and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together olive oil, lemon juice and salt.
- Add chickpeas, onion, tomatoes and parsley to bowl and mix. Stir in cooled quinoa.
Makes 6 servings
Per serving: 176 calories, 7 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 27 g total carbohydrate, 6 g dietary fiber, 7 g protein
Recipe and image from AskGeorgie.com