Don’t store your grill just yet, there are still plenty of fresh vegetables for you to enjoy. Fire up your grill, because we’re sharing 10 of our favorite grill-able, fall vegetables. Try a few or all for your next meal.
The perfect marinade: In a bowl add ½ tablespoon of dill and ½ tablespoon of lemon pepper, plus a pinch of salt. Add 3 diced garlic cloves to bowl. Add ½ cup of olive oil, and ½ cup of balsamic vinegar to bowl. Mix all ingredients and refrigerate your marinade until you’re ready to use it. Measurements will vary depending on the amount of veggies you’ll be grilling.
Note: You’ll need a grill basket or pan, and it’s easier to grill in batches. Also, certain areas of the grill may be hotter than others, so keep a close watch on your veggies, to prevent over-grilling. Also, grilling times may vary depending on the veggie.
Wash and trim all veggies in advance. Marinade and let veggies sit for about twenty minutes.
- Green Beans: Trim, marinade, and grill for about 8 minutes.
- Eggplant: slice lengthwise (½” rectangles), marinade and grill for about 6 minutes.
- Zucchini: slice lengthwise (½” rectangles), marinade and grill for about 6 minutes.
- Bell Peppers: marinade chunks and grill for about 8 minutes.
- Onions: Cut purple and/or white onions crosswise into ½” slices. Add to your grilling basket, for two minutes on each side. Or, try green onions. Place green onions in basket or pan, grill for about 10 minutes.
- Corn: Remove the husks, and grill. You can season before or after. Leave for about 15 minutes, and turn the corn occasionally.
- Potatoes: Drizzle olive oil or coat them with marinade. Place them on the grill, no basket, and cover, this can take between 30-40 minutes.
- Asparagus: Season as you’d like, and grill in a basket for 2 minutes on each side.
- Mushroom: Marinade, use a grilling pan to grill for about 6 minutes.
- Carrots: Slice long ways, marinade, and grill for 4 minutes.
- Pineapple! It’s not a vegetable but it makes for a sweet and guilt-free treat. Grill slices for 2 minutes on each side.
- Tomatoes: enhance the flavor by cutting them in half, crosswise, and grilling for 3 minutes on each side.
What’s your favorite grilled veggie?