Decadent parfait with apples, chia seeds and cashew cream
Fall season is taking over. Even if it is not freezing outside yet, our internal nutritionist might be asking for more warming foods and drinks to stay balanced at the season’s change. In the Fall my body usually starts craving baked fruits, more nuts, and hearty veggie stews.
There is something inherently warm, comforting and decadent about properly baked and spiced apple dishes.
Today I want to share one of my favorite recipes, which can be a filling healthy breakfast or a delicious guilt-free dessert.
This apple dish gets its warming effect from spices, belly soothing effect from chia seeds and silky creaminess from homemade cashew cream.
What you need:
For 1 people
- 2 large apples
- 4 tbsp soaked chia seeds (soak in water or nut milk for at least 1 hour to get chia seed gel)
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews (soak for at least 3 hours)
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- ½ tsp Cardamom
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ginger
- A few drops of organic Vanilla
- Coconut oil or ghee
What to do:
- Make chia gel by soaking chia seeds in 1 cup of water
- Pre soak cashews in room T water
- Blend cashews with ½ cup water (1:1 ratio) and vanilla to make cashew cream
- In a pan, melt some coconut oil or ghee, add cinnamon, cardamom and ginger and sliced up apples. Cover and let them stew for 5-7 minutes.
- Put apples into 2 bowls, add chia seeds on top and mix. Pour cashew cream on top
Variations: feel free to add figs or raisins to apples and substitute cashew cream for organic coconut milk
BIO: Nadya Andreeva is a certified wellness coach with a mission to support women in reconnecting to their bodies and creating a trusting mind-body relationship. Through mindfulness, ancient wisdom of Ayurveda, and positive psychology Nadya helps her clients to live in alignment of desires and action when it comes to achieving their personal image of best self. She holds an MA in Organizational Psychology from New York University and a Wellness Coaching certification from Wellcoaches.
Nadya is passionate about mindful movement that is nourishing to the body and entertaining for the mind. She is happy to be one of the Fabletics Masters.
If you want to reduce bloating, irregularity, and digestive-unease, download Nadya’s FREE Ayurvedic guide for a happy flat belly.