Finding ways to eat healthy may seem challenging, but with a few simple tips it is easy to make better choices! Here are 8 great tips to help keep your meals healthy and tasty!
- Eat Seasonal – Choosing fruits and vegetables that are in season will ensure that you are eating the most flavor packed foods! The better the flavor, the more you will enjoy them!
- “Spice” Things Up – Experimenting with different herbs and spices will help keep your meals exciting and your taste buds happy!
- Punch Up Your Protein – Protein is more satisfying than both carbs and fat, so eating it with every meal will help keep you full longer!
- Eat Whole – Whole grains, that is! Whole grains are packed with fiber which will help keep you full longer and your digestive system moving! Kick those processed carbs to the curb!
- Befriend Fat – Including heart healthy fats in your diet like avocado, almonds and olive oil will help keep you full and satisfied!
- Stop Shaking – Unless, it’s on the dance floor, put down that shaker! Too much salt can lead to high blood pressure!
- Bust Sugar – Cut added sugar by eating fresh fruit to curb your cravings! Think season berries, melons, etc. Nothing beats natures ‘candy’!
- Revamp Your Favorites – Including your favorite dishes in your meal plan is important! Find ways to make them healthier so you can enjoy them more often! Think leaner cuts of meat, a little less salt, half the amount of oil, etc!
With these simple tips you are sure to be eating for your health! Remember, life is to be enjoyed! Let’s live a long, strong and healthy one!
Sarah Kesseli is a certified spin instructor, but also enjoys yoga, and lifting weights. She is a marathon runner and loves activities that allow her to work at her own pace. She writes a daily food blog called Ingredients of a Fit Chick, where she shares recipes and tips for healthy treats and balanced nutrition.