I can’t resist Magnolia Bakery’s legendary banana pudding and amazing Bundt Cake. This recipe is perfect for a bunny-shaped Easter Cake…especially because the club soda makes it so light and fluffy!
Bunny Bundt Cakes
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
3 cups sugar
5 large eggs, at room temperature
3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup club soda (not seltzer!)
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and lightly flour a bunny-shaped Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter and the sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the flour in thirds, alternating with the club soda, beating after each addition until smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract and the lemon zest and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake 70-80 minutes until golden brown or a cake tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in pan for 20 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
And, here’s a recipe for the adults!
Truffle Deviled Eggs
6 hard-boiled eggs
¾ cup mayonnaise
1 ½ teaspoons truffle oil
A pinch of cayenne
- Boil 6 eggs. Cool completely and cut in half, removing the yolks.
- Mash the egg yolks, mayonnaise and truffle oil together.
- Spoon into the egg whites.
- Top with a pinch of cayenne and chopped chives.