I live a mostly vegan lifestyle so I am always looking for ways to spice up my meals! This is one of my go-to vegan and gluten-free dishes for summer parties, cookouts or tailgates! My best friend from college is from Florida so we would make frequent trips down south to visit her family and I have such great memories of our vacations! Her mom would always make the salsa below which I nostalgically call “Florida Salsa.” I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 1 TUB CHACHIES SALSA (ROASTED GARLIC PREFERABLY)
- 1 15.5 OZ CAN OF GOYA BLACK BEANS RINSED
- 1 15.5 OZ CAN OF CORN DRAINED
- 1 SMALL BUNCH CILANTRO CHOPPED (to taste)
- 3 – 5 GREEN SCALLIONS CHOPPED
- 1 TBS OLIVE OIL
- 1 TBS BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- 1 TBS WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
- FEW DROPS RED WINE VINEGAR
- FEW DROPS TABASCO
- 2 TSP GARLIC POWDER
- 1 LIME
- SALT AND PEPPER
- MIX THE SALSA THROUGH SCALLIONS
- ADD OLIVE OIL AND REMAINING INGREDIENTS
- PLATE AND SERVE WITH A DIPPING SIDE OF YOUR CHOICE
It’s fresh, clean and adds the perfect kick to vegan burgers, Beanitos restaurant style chips, or chopped veggies!
Bonnie Micheli pays close attention to her diet to ensure she has the energy to teach classes throughout the day. She always starts her mornings with a homemade smoothie and keeps a vegan diet 80% of the time. When she’s not teaching or taking classes at Shred415, Bonnie’s go-to workout is Flex Pilates.