No one likes to work up a sweat with strands sticking to their face, but that doesn’t mean you have to stick with the basic bun or messy ponytail we all know we’re guilty of rocking at the gym. Whether you’re powering through Pilates or working up a sweat on the elliptical, giving your locks a little extra attention not only boosts confidence, but it also makes it easier to head from the gym to lunch or a meeting without looking disheveled. That being said, the next time you’re planning to workout (or go out!), try one of these easy, no-frills hairstyles. They’re practical, pretty, and so easy to execute!
· Tie a high ponytail at the crown of the head.
· Take a hair tie and place it 2 inches down from the base, holding hair in the middle of the ponytail and pushing up to create a bubble.
· Take another hair tie and repeat this action 2 inches down from the last tie, holding the middle of the ponytail and pushing up to create a bubble.
· Continue to do so all the way down the ponytail until you have a whole row of bubbles.
· Tie a high ponytail on the top of your head.
· Braid the ponytail.
· Wrap the braid around into a bun and pin to secure.
Messy Side Ponytail
· Pull hair to one side and tie in a low side ponytail split into 3 sections to start the braid.
· As you braid a few pieces down, hold the middle piece and push up with the rest of the hair – this will give it that messy look.
· Continue down the braid, braiding a few pieces and scrunching all the way to the bottom.
· Secure with a hair tie at the end.
Special thanks to Stacey Ellis of Ellis Salon for her hair expertise!