[tps_header]Just because summer is over doesn’t mean you have to say goodbye to your bikini body. During the holidays, it’s easy to over indulge on worthless calories. I’m not saying you shouldn’t enjoy good food with family and friends, however, a few simple swaps can make all the difference this holiday season. I’ve teamed up with holistic nutrition expert, Alexa Gray, to bring you healthy alternatives to your favorite holiday treats. Enjoy![/tps_header]
[tps_title]Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes[/tps_title]
1 head of cauliflower
1 large clove of garlic, chopped into small pieces
2 tablespoon of oil (grass-fed butter, ghee or olive oil)
2 tablespoons of milk (for dairy-free guests, use unsweetened almond milk)
- Wash and chop cauliflower from its stem and chop the rest into small florets.
- Put the pieces of cauliflower into a pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer.
- Cover for about 15 minutes or until cauliflower is cooked all the way through.
- Drain and place into your food processor (I prefer to use a Vitamix).
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend to your desired consistency.
- If you are struggling to blend, simply add more milk or water.