It is easy to stay on track and think healthy when you are inside the gym. But, other than the obvious action of going to the gym to get a healthy start to your day, there are other ways to keep your body, spirit, and mind healthy. Here are some suggestions:
- Healthy Dinner Parties– Try gathering together a group of friends who enjoy living a healthy lifestyle. You can trade off who hosts the dinner every week. Meatless Mondays are always a good idea to try a yummy bowl of veggies loaded with quinoa, and avocado! Taco Tuesdays might inspire you to build your own taco salad bar with lightly seasoned turkey meat. Bonus: you’ll save money since you won’t be eating at a restaurant.
- Shake it up for Sunday Smoothies– Make a weekly ritual to try a new smoothie recipe! Sunday is a great day to plan your weekly meals and do any meal prep for that week. If you are on a time crunch in the mornings, you can make your shake the night before and refrigerate it for the next day. Sunday is also a good day to get all your ingredients for your shakes and head to the local farmers market to pick up fresh produce.
- Hiking– There is something so refreshing about being outside and getting some fresh air while you break a sweat. Bringing a friend or even making it a date with a love interest is a great way to catch up and spend time while still burning calories. If you want to make the hike more challenging, you can try jogging or running for some of it, too.
- Make a playlist– Good music in your life is essential. Listening to a good song can change your mood and really get you motivated. Try making two playlists: one for lounging and one for working out. If you have trouble waking up, play music in the morning to help you get a little extra pep in your step. Listening to your new mix while doing cardio at the gym will make the time fly by! If you like remixes, be sure to check out www.dirrtyremixes.com.
- Abs are made in the kitchen– Try this at home ab workout that you can do in your own kitchen! Grab a bath towel or yoga mat, and place it on wood floor or carpet. Complete the following: A 30-second plank hold on your forearms, 30 seconds of mountain climbers on your hands, 30 seconds of v-ups, 30 seconds of butterfly crunches, and 30 seconds of bicycles. Do those 5 exercises for 3 rounds, only resting 15 seconds between the circuits. This will for sure fire up those abdominals and make you think twice before grabbing something unhealthy.
Fabletics Master, Allie Cohen