How high can you count?
What happens when you are in a crunch and you really want to sweat? You don’t have any equipment but you are determined and up for a challenge? Grab a towel and water and let’s get to work with the “Ultimate Ab Countdown!”
Run through this two times with as little rest as possible. If you are short on time cut the second set in half. Have some fun and don’t lose count! If you do…START OVER!
Easy tips for each move:
- High Plank Shoulder Taps: High plank, tap hand to opposite shoulder, hold core tight
- Cross Body Mountain Climbers: High plank, drive knee to opposite elbow
- Russian Twists: Sit on ground with chest up and feet either in the air or on the ground, rotate to touch opposite hand to the ground on either side.
- Jumping Jacks: Just do the standard jack.
- Double Crunches: Lying on back, legs kept bent and on the ground, crunch both elbows and knees together forcing shoulder blades and feet off of the ground… for progression, extend legs straight.
- Split Jumps (25 each): In a lunge position with right foot in front, hop and switch feet so the left is in front
- Side Jack Knife (20 Each): Lying on your side, with your bottom leg bent on the ground and top leg extended straight, hands behind head, crunch upper body up, while top leg rises off of the ground.
- Squat Jumps: Standing position squat as low as you can, explode up and jump
- Straight leg raises: Lying on the ground with legs extended, hands by side or braced against lower back, raise legs straight in the air to a 90 degree angle
- Burpees: You know what these are, have fun!
–Kevin Forbes, FL2 Master