“Engaging your core” takes on new meaning in October as we commemorate Breast Cancer Awareness month with an inspiring organization, Bright Pink. To the entire Fabletics team and me, getting down to the core is focusing on our health—our most basic and fundamental tool for living an active life.
Joining forces with Bright Pink was a natural partnership because we are working towards the same goal—motivating women to lead healthier, happier lives. When you purchase our exclusive pink pieces from this month’s collection, we will donate 100% of net proceeds to Bright Pink, so they can empower women to be proactive about their health by practicing early detection and risk reduction. Those are some good core values.
A note from Bright Pink:
At Bright Pink, we’re committed to changing the game on how we educate young women about breast and ovarian health. We believe in the potential of all 52 million women between the ages of 18 and 45 in this country to help us do so. Bright Pink has developed a suite of lifesaving programs to educate, equip and empower young women to start living proactively today, thereby saving more lives from breast and ovarian cancer. We’re educating not only young women, but also medical professionals who care for them through our Women’s Health Provider Initiative to ensure every young woman has a dependable partner in developing a proactive breast and ovarian health strategy. At the same time, we’re also building a community of women who will support and encourage each other to realize their full potential.
Here are some tips for all of us, regardless of risk level, to live proactively:
- Schedule your annual well-woman’s exam with a doctor you trust. You should be seeing a medical professional annually for this exam, even when you feel perfectly healthy.
- Gather your family history from both your mother and father’s side.
- Complete Bright Pink’s Assess Your Risk Tool and bring the results with you to that upcoming appointment to guide a conversation about personalized breast and ovarian cancer risk management.
- Sign up for Breast Health Reminders™ by texting PINK to 59227 to receive monthly text message reminders to check in with your body and be breast self-aware.
- Learn the symptoms of breast and ovarian cancer and establish your body’s “normal,” so you can speak up if anything abnormal occurs, persists or worsens for 2-3 weeks.
- Put your Fabletics gear to work! At least 30 minutes of physical activity most days a week can reduce your risk of breast cancer. Learn how else you can reduce your risk for breast and ovarian cancer.
Checklist courtesy of Lindsay Avner, Founder and CEO of Bright Pink
BRIGHT PINK® IS A NATIONAL NON-PROFIT FOCUSED ON THE PREVENTION AND EARLY DETECTION OF BREAST AND OVARIAN CANCER IN YOUNG WOMEN. THE ORGANIZATION’S MISSION IS TO SAVE WOMEN’S LIVES FROM BREAST AND OVARIAN CANCER BY EMPOWERING THEM TO LIVE PROACTIVELY AT A YOUNG AGE. FABLETICS IS PROUD TO SUPPORT BRIGHT PINK THROUGH THIS YEAR’S BREAST CANCER AWARENESS OUTFIT FEATURING A REVERSIBLE BRIGHT PINK SPORTS BRA AND CAPRI LEGGINGS. THIS OCTOBER, PURCHASE THE TWO-PIECE BRIGHT PINK OUTFIT WHILE SUPPLIES LAST AND 100% OF THE PROCEEDS WILL BENEFIT BRIGHT PINK.