When it comes to celebrity style and fitness, few physiques turn as many heads (and incite as much #BodyEnvy) as Kate Hudson’s. Let’s be real for a second: Kate’s got it going on! Whether she’s walking the red carpet or hitting the trail in basic black leggings, Hudson’s toned, trimmed figure is fit to be flaunted – frankly, she could make a burlap sack look fierce.
Of course, the question then remains: How can we do it, too? Believe it or not, the secret is all about finding the balance between body and mind. It’s exercise and healthy eating, portion control and splurging, having fun and treating yourself. Below are the Top 7 Tips for achieving the Kate Hudson body in us all!
1. Break A Sweat Everyday: Whether it’s a jog around the block, or an impromptu living room dance session with your kids, Hudson lives by this mantra and insists on getting in at least 20 minutes of sweat-breaking activity each day. Even the smallest bit of action can make a huge difference. Remember: Even walking burns those calories!
2. Pilates: A self-professed Pilates enthusiast, Hudson has long been a fan of this practice (15 years!) that lengthens and strengthens the body as it focuses on small, repetitive key muscles movements to strengthen your core. Wonder where she gets that “lean look?” It’s all about the reformer.
3. Have Fun: Nothing kills a workout stride like boredom! To keep things interesting, and get your heart rate going, get creative with your workouts. Bring a buddy to the gym for some friendly treadmill competition, or head outside and hit the trail for a beautiful (weather-permitting) hike.
4. Fats & Antioxidants: To fuel body and mind, your brain requires healthy fats to keep it going. Instead of reaching for the cheesy puffs, keep a stash of super foods on hand – sesame seeds, olive oil and avocados, and leafy greens and veggies are loaded with nutrients and healthy fats that fill you up as they lean you out.
5. Be Mindful, Don’t Restrict: Staying in shape is as much about working out as it is about being aware of yourself. Even as you’re staying healthy, don’t restrict yourself. If pizza is what your crave, treat yourself, and then be mindful of your meal choices the rest of the day. It’s all about moderation.
6. H2 0-Yeah! When in doubt, reach for the water. You may not even be aware of it, but beverages like fruit juice and soda are loaded with empty calories and sugar that can slow you down, and add unwanted weight. Instead, reach for the water. It will not only keep you hydrated, but will power you with energy you need to keep on running!
7. Detox: To reset the body, especially from season-to-season, an elimination cleanse or juice detox can do wonders. But don’t go crazy – cleansing is never about starving yourself, but rather balancing the body and preparing it for a healthier, cleaner you.
Introducing Fabletics: A premier line of activewear, co-founded by Kate Hudson, designed to take you anywhere for half the price.
You’ll feel completely comfortable in whatever look you choose as every outfit is made with performance-enhancing details that fit and flatter any frame. Hudson explains, “For me, the most exciting thing about Fabletics has been making sure we’re designing for every woman and every body type.” Now, that’s something we can all agree on!
AS EASY AS:
1. TAKE A SHORT LIFESTYLE QUIZ
Complete the quiz to let our stylists know how you workout and the types of pieces you love to wear. You’ll receive personalized outfit selections perfect for your healthy lifestyle.
2. RECEIVE PERSONALIZED OUTFIT PICKS
Every month, you’ll receive hand-selected outfit recommendations catered to you and your workout. Brand new styles launch every month, so there’s always something new to love.
By becoming a VIP member with your first purchase, you’ll receive an exclusive half off discount – that’s right, your first 2-piece outfit (both top and bottom) for $25 plus free shipping and exchanges. Move over Lululemon, HELLO Fabletics!
Ready to get fit like Kate? Click here to shop new 2016 styles and see why every girl in America is obsessed!