We’re all health and fitness enthusiasts here, so we all know how important it is to eat lots of vegetables. I’ve whipped up this post for you with three of my favorite fresh veggie recipes, so you can get your greens in without sacrificing taste. We can all celebrate the freshness of summer together with these simple, fun, delicious recipes. Enjoy!
Summer Greens Smoothie
My Summer Greens Smoothie is a quick way to pack in your veggies with the sweetness of fresh and frozen fruit, too. Add a scoop of protein for an added energy boost! This recipe makes about 5 cups, so be sure to divvy your smoothie out in to two or three containers and freeze the leftovers for later or share!
1/4 cup water
1.5 cups green grapes
1/2 lemon, peeled and seeded
1/2 cucumber, sliced
1/2 green apple, sliced
1.5 cups kale, spine removed
1.5 cups fresh spinach
1 cup parsley leaves
1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
2 cups ice cubes
1. Place all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth.
2. Serve cold and enjoy!
Go-Raw Chopped Salad
You will love my Go-Raw Chopped Salad. It’s perfect for lunch on the go or to take to summer potlucks/BBQs. Be sure to make extra because this lil’ fresh veggie recipe will be gobbled up quickly! This yields enough for about 4-6 people.
1 small head of broccoli, chopped
1 small head of cauliflower, chopped
1 large orange bell pepper, chopped
1 large yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 large red bell pepper, chopped
1 seedless cucumber, chopped
8-10 radishes, cut in half and sliced thin
1 cup halved red seedless grapes
2-3 tsp chopped fresh dill
1/4 cup fresh parsley
1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients.
2. In a separate small dish, combine all dressing ingredients and whisk until combined.
3. Toss salad with dressing.
4. Serve cold and enjoy!
Arugula Pesto Zoodles with Tomatoes
My Arugula Pesto Zoodles with Tomatoes is a to-die-for dish that you’ll love making for yourself and serving to others. Packed with veggies and easy on the calories, this is a dish that’s perfect for a quick meal or great for meal preps to be reheated and enjoyed over and over again. This recipe makes enough for 4-6 servings.
3/4 cup walnuts
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
4 cloves garlic
3.5 cups firmly packed fresh baby arugula (you can use spinach or basil leaves, too)
1/2 cup olive oil (for pesto)
salt and pepper to taste
4-5 large fresh green zucchinis
1 large tomato, chopped
1 tbsp. olive oil (for zoodles)
For the pesto:
1. Add walnuts, cheese, and garlic to a food processor and process until all ingredients are coarsely chopped. Add arugula. Cover and process until leaves are coarsely chopped.
2. With the processor running, gradually add olive oil and process until consistent texture. For thinner pesto, add more oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
For the Zoodles:
1. Spiralize or julianne cut the zoodles.
2. Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat.
3. Add zoodles and tomato to heated pan, cooking for 5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and let stand for a few minutes.
5. Add pesto to pan and fold in gently until combined.
6. Serve hot and enjoy!
I truly hope you love these recipes! Catch my latest recipes and training programs on www.sarahbergstein.com
Sarah Bergstein, Fabletics Master