Smiling is something that humans are born knowing how to do; it’s an involuntary response to feeling happy or joyful, and you can express that feeling before you even know what it means. Smiles can melt your heart, start a new friendship and make you healthier. Even a smile in the shape of an emoji can lighten the mood. So, to celebrate World Smile Day on October 7, we put together our top 10 reasons to grin even more than you already do. Get ready to get happy!
1. Smiling automatically puts you in a better mood. Next time you’re having one of those days, just try smiling instead of complaining. We’re betting you’ll be smiling for real in no time.
2. Smiling makes you look friendlier and more approachable. Because more friends are never a bad thing, right?
3. Smiling is a natural stress-reliever. Studies have shown that when under stress, smiling can lower your heart rate and reduce the levels of cortisol, a stress-related hormone.
4. It’s contagious! Try it out. When you’re walking down the hallway or on the street, smile at a stranger as you pass by. You’ll make their day!
5. Smiling boosts your immune system. You’ve heard the phrase ‘Laughter is the best medicine’—well that’s true. It makes you more relaxed which contributes to a healthier life.
6. Smiles are more attractive to others than makeup. Plus, they’re free!
7. It’s a universal sign of happiness. Even if we don’t speak the same language, we can still communicate.
8. There are 19 different ways to smile. Try to master all of them!
9. Smiling helps you stay positive. What you put out into the universe is what you get back, and we guarantee the more you smile, the more people will smile back at you.
10. And as if you needed more reasons, here’s one more. We just launched our newest collection this month! If that’s not a reason to smile, then we don’t know what is.