People are constantly asking me for my “secret,” whether it’s about working out, nutrition or how to balance all the crazy things I have going on in my life at one time. Unfortunately, the truth might be disappointment: there isn’t a singular secret! I try to eat well, exercise and schedule things as best I can (not the answer people are hoping for). That said, there are a few little tricks that me and my trainer Nicole Stuart have picked up along the way. They might be small but they make a big difference…
- Try Elissa Goodman’s soup cleanse (where you can actually eat food and not feel crazy for five days)! Learn more at elissagoodman.com.
- Drink half your weight in ounces as a minimum every day to stay completely hydrated.
- Do cardio in the morning on an empty stomach. This burns more fat because you haven’t eaten for 6/8 hours.
- Squeeze in an extra 15 minutes of cardio at night or the end of the day to rev up your metabolism.
- Drink dandelion tea if you’re feeling bloated or sluggish (it’s also delicious).
- Always take the stairs. Your steps will add up and you’ll feel much better for it in the long run.
- Boost your metabolism by taking hot/cold showers. Turning the temperature back and forth between hot and cold shocks your system before or after a workout.