When the temperature’s rising and you need a quick cooldown, these Blueberry Pie Popsicles are one of my favorite summer treats—you don’t need many ingredients and they have no added sugar. Plus, you can create a beautiful variety of different purple shades, which make them pretty to look at and delicious to eat. See below for the recipe and directions. Have fun making these refreshing pops!
Blueberry Pie Popsicles
Makes 9-10 popsicles
2 heaping cups of organic fresh blueberries
1½ tbsp pure maple syrup
One bottle of your favorite unsweetened nut milk (I used almond milk)
1½ tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp cinnamon
Good-quality organic graham crackers (avoid ones with artificial flavors and partially hydrogenated oils)
- Add blueberries, a splash of nut milk, vanilla, maple syrup and cinnamon to blender and blend.
- Pour the blueberry mix into the popsicle molds, leaving plenty of room for more nut milk. I suggest filling it between ¼ – ½ full.
- This is part that will give you different shades of purple! Play around with adding different amounts of the blueberry mix and nut milk. Take a popsicle stick or a small spoon and stir together.
- Optional: Add whole blueberries to a few of the pops.
- Place in freezer overnight or for at least 5-6 hours.
- Once you’re ready to enjoy, pull pops out of molds and sprinkle with crushed graham cracker crumbs.
Follow @nutritionbykara for more sweet treats!