It’s October, which means it’s time for pumpkin everything! Molly Larsen the creator of All About Good Vibes is here with a pumpkin pie face mask recipe that smells delicious and will make your skin glow. Happy skin-or-treat!
Eating pumpkin is great for your health, but putting it on your skin also gives you benefits! Pumpkin contains fruit enzymes, alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs), antioxidants, Vitamin A and Vitamin C that will boost collagen production, and brighten and tighten skin. Not only will your skin glow, but this mask provides an amazingly delicious smell!
Before we get to the recipe, I have to say that I have sensitive, dry, acne-prone skin and this pumpkin mask works wonders on my skin. I made this mask as gentle, healthy and as delicious as possible. But—this is based on my own personal experience. To test this recipe, take a little dab, apply on your inner arm and wait for 10 minutes to see how your skin reacts. If there’s no redness or itchiness, you can use on your face. You might feel a little tingling, but that’s totally normal.
My husband and I have been using this mask almost every night—it gives instant results! I just can’t wait for you to try it yourself. Happy pumpkin pie season!
Pumpkin Pie Mask Recipe
Note: If you’re allergic to certain ingredients, make sure you don’t put them into this mask.
1 small organic pie pumpkin (purée)
2 tsps. organic oat flour
1 tsp. organic cane sugar
1/8 tsp organic ground all-spice
1/8 tsp organic ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp organic ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp organic ground ginger
3 drops vanilla essential oil
1 drop clove essential oil
- Make pumpkin purée (you can use canned pumpkin if it’s more convenient for you!)
- Wash and cut pumpkin in half
- Scoop away seeds
- Cut pumpkin into slices for faster cooking time
- Bake or steam for 45 min or until cooked
- Take the meat part out and blend in a blender or mix in a mixing bowl
- Let cool
- While the pumpkin cools, mix dry ingredients together in a bowl
- Add pumpkin purée into the dry ingredients
- Add clove and vanilla essential oils
- Mix well until smooth
How to apply:
- Apply the finished mask on your face
- Gently scrub and massage mask onto your skin. You don’t need a thick layer of the mask to cover your face.
- Leave mask on for 10 minutes or until dry
- Rinse off with warm water
- Pat skin dry with clean cloth
- Apply your favorite facial oil or moisturizer to keep your skin moist and hydrated
Keep covered for a maximum of five days. I would recommend making it fresh after reusing the same batch twice (or within three days).