Having confidence is all about your attitude, and part of that is feeling strong, toned, and healthy. Maria Mejia of Style and Amor knows that, and with summer right around the corner, she’s giving us her super efficient, no-gym-needed HIIT workout to give your body just what it needs to shape up.
As soon as the weather starts to warm up, I like to take my workouts from the gym to the outdoors. I love incorporating HIIT into my weekly routines, because they get my heart rate up quickly and helps with my overall fitness. How much do I love HIIT? Let us count the ways:
- It’s super efficient. HIIT can burn a lot of calories in a short amount of time. Plus, your metabolism rate is higher for hours post-workout.
- You can do it anywhere. Find your favorite corner in your home or take it outside. Part of what’s great about HIIT is that you don’t need any equipment—just your body!
- Lose weight—NOT muscle. This is my favorite things about HIIT. You lose fat but, more importantly, gain muscle to get strong and lean.
Now, throw on your Fabletics outfit, grab a water bottle and a towel (you will sweat), and get to work!
- Aim for five rounds
- 30 seconds for each exercise
- 30 second rest after each move
1. Bound jumps with four reverse low steps then repeat again.
2. Wide mountain climber (remember to stay low!).
3. Jump squat turn arounds. Squat and try to jump as high as you can!
4. Lunge squat jumps
5. Low jump squats (stay low the entire time).