In honor of spring cleaning, you may have already cleared out your closets and tidied up your drawers, but have you looked through your bathroom cabinets? Because now’s also a good time to think about clean beauty for spring. Wellness advocate Lauren Young is here to help you get a fresh start with your skincare and beauty routine.
Clean skincare and cosmetics are a huge passion of mine. I discovered the clean beauty movement about five years ago when I was modeling and haven’t looked back. Since I’ve been working with and exploring clean beauty for quite some time, I’ve narrowed down an awesome selection of must-haves. I am all about the no-makeup makeup look, so if you’re into treating your skin in a non-toxic, effective way—keep reading.
- Osea Malibu Ocean Cleansing Mudd: A gentle cleanser for removing makeup that leaves your face feeling cool and refreshed.
- Saje Natural Wellness Bare Face: An oil-based makeup remover perfect for a thorough cleansing.
- Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Mask: This is an extracting face mask, great for congested skin.
- Evan Healy HydroSouls: An ultra-moisturizing water that is an ideal pre-step before applying your moisturizers. (FYI: A HydroSoul plumps, hydrates, balances pH, and calms skin.)
- Evan Healy Neem Immortelle Purifying Infusion: An ideal daytime moisturizing oil that easily applies under makeup.
- Evan Healy Blue Cactus Beauty Elixir: A nighttime balm that rehydrates while you sleep.
- Evan Healy Wild Carrot Nourishing Eye Balm: An intense under eye treatment great to get rid of those dark circles.
- Evan Healy Whipped Patchouli Vanilla Shea Butter: The best hydrating moisturizer around.
- Kypris Pot of Shade: More primer than SPF but with all the skin-saving benefits of SPF.
- Lashfood Eyelash Enhancer: A natural lash serum that won’t give you creepy spider lashes.
- Kjaer Weis Lengthening Mascara: Adds length and is transfer proof for bottom lashes.
- Well People Expressionist Mascara: A great everyday mascara for volume on top lashes.
- Olio E Osso Balm: An amazing balm that comes in numerous different shades as well as a hydrating sheer.
- Clove and Hallow Lip Velvet: The best natural liquid lip, hands down.
- Kosas Tinted Face Oil: A can’t-live-without-it face oil that applies medium coverage while still feeling light on the skin.
- Ilia True Skin Serum Concealer: Great for concealing any problem areas as well as covering under eye bags.
- Thrive Cosmetics Filtered Effects Soft Focus HD Setting Powder: A lightweight translucent powder, perfect for blurring and setting your makeup.
- Kosas Color and Light Creme Palette: A cream blush and highlight duo that provides a nice wet—but not too wet—look.